- 6 c. sweet potatoes- peeled, cubed, & cooked
- 1/4 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 c. pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (or 1 serving flax seed gel if you are egg free)
- 1/4 c. brown rice flour
- 1/4 c. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp chilled butter (you can just leave this out if you are dairy free)
- 1/2 c. pecans (you can just leave this out if you are nut free)
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 glass baking dish. Peel and cube the potatoes. Boil them approximately 15 minutes or until tender. Drain them. Cool them slightly.
Blend potatoes in Vitamix until smooth. Put potato mixture into a mixing bowl with coconut milk, maple syrup, salt, and egg or flax seed gel. Stir until blended. Spoon into greased pan.
Combine flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and pecans (optional). Stir. If using butter, cut it into this mixture until it looks like crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over potato mixture. Cover with foil and bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 minutes.